Dr. Shubhang Aggarwal has done his basic Medical and Orthopaedic Training at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (Karnataka), where he was exposed to a vast variety of Orthopaedic Surgery like Paediatric Orthopaedics, Arthoscopic Joint Surgery, Spine Surgery and Joint Replacement Surgery.
From there he was selected for specilied training in Advanced Joint Replacement (Reconstructive Surgery) in Anthroplasty Unit of Dr. K.T. Dholakia at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai. He was a part of the team that consisted of two more big Orthopaedic names of the country, viz. Dr.H.R.Jhunjhunwala and Dr.J.A.Pachore.
At Bombay Hospital he trained not only in Primary Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery but also in Revision Joint Replacement Surgery. He was also trained in Shoulder and Finger Joint Replacement Surgery.
After having trained with the best men in the best setup, Dr.Shubhang Aggarwal returned to his home city, to bring quality Joint Replacement Surgery to this part of the country.
Dr.Shubhang Aggarwal has attended numerous Natuional & International Workshops and Conferences on Joint Replacement Surgery, has presented Scientific Papers in Conferences and has also written many Research Publications.
Having successfully operated more than 500 patients over the past year and a half in Jalandhar itself, he is providing the latest international technology and trends, especially in Joint replacement surgery.
He is routinely performing:
- PRIMARY HIP, KNEE & SHOULDER REPLACEMENT SURGERY
- (Fixed bearing type & the latest HIGH FLEX Rotating platform types)
- REVISION HIP & KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY
- ARTICULAR SURFACE REPLACEMENT SURGERY
- (Run, dance & squat after surgery)
- COMPUTER ASSISTED JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY
- (Navigation gives precise placement of implant in severely deformed cases)
- MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY
- (with special instruments and of course small incisions)
ARTHROSCOPY (Ligament reconstructions & Meniscal solutions)
- PELVIC AND ACETABULAR FIXATION
Courses And Conferences Attended :
- Attended the Basic Trauma Course conducted
by Sulzer Medica, at
--Ludhiana in August, 2001
- Presented a Scientific Paper titled ‘Arthroscopic Treatment Of Bilateral
--Discoid-Lateral Meniscus’ at K.O.A.C.O.N. 2001 held in Davengere
- in February, 2001
- Attended Advances In Paediatric Spinal Deformities Workshop conducted
--at-Leelavati Hospital, Mumbai in August, 2002
- Attended Workshop on Mobile Bearings In Knee Arthroplasty – 2 nd
--Learning Programme conducted in Mumbai in November, 2002
- Attended ‘Bicontact’ Universal Hip System Meet conducted by The
--Aesculap Academy at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in September, 2002
- Attended Indian Arthroplasty Association – The 1 st Midterm Meet held at
--Pune in September, 2002
- Attented workshop on Current Concepts In Total Hip And Knee
--Arthroplasty conducted by University Of Dundee at Pune in May, 2003
- Attended workshop on Total Knee Replacement Arthroplasty conducted
--in Mangalore in May, 2001
- Attended Paediatric Fracture Course conducted By Dr. Kaye E. Wilkins
- at P.O.S.I.C.O.N. 2000 held in Mumbai in March, 2000
- Attended Orthopaedic Instructional Course held at Nair Hospital, Mumbai
--in June, 2002
- Attended Mangalore Orthopaedic Course conducted in Mangalore in
- Attended Kotayyam Orthopaedic Course conducted in Kotayyam in
- June, 2001
- Participated in the organisation Of K.O.A.C.O.N. held in Manipal in
- February, 2000
- Attended Indian Arthroscopy Society Conference at Mumbai in October 2004
Attended Asia Pacific Athroplasty Society Annual Conference at Goa in
- August 2005
Conferences Organised :
He organised the first live Arthroplasty Workshop and C.M.E of Northen India, at Gulab Devi Hopsital, Jalandhar City – The first Arthroplasty C.M.E and Live Demonstration Workshop on Uncemented Hip Replacement and Rotating Platform Knee Replacement.
He organised the second Arthroplasty Workshop of the city at Satyam Hospital, Jalandhar - one day Live Demonstration Workshop and C.M.E. on Articular Surface Replacement and Computer Assisted Arthroplasty.
He is making significant contribution to patient awareness about prevention of arthritic deformities and their treatment in the form of joint replacement surgery by delivering health talks.
Belonging to a family of philanthrophists, he also does a lot of charity. He operates free one day in a month, organises free treatment camps for poor patients and writes health articles in newspapers regularly.